Living with Water, Discussion and Site Tour
New Orleanians and our coastal neighbors have long been defined by our resilient relationship with water. As we face the challenges of flooding, land subsidence and aging infrastructure - now more than ever we know how crucial it is to protect and restore our coasts and wetlands - and that we must include water management in our politics, our urban design, and our personal choices at home.
In coordination with the Greater New Orleans Foundation's Urban Water Series on and the EPA Region 6 Conference in New Orleans
, Global Green presents:
Scheduled Topics and Presenters,
Coastal Issues and Innovative Blue Carbon Opportunity
- Jeff Supak, LA Wetlands Action Program, Global Green
Urban Water Design and Green Infrastructure in New Orleans
- Madeline Goddard, Sewerage & Water Board
- David Waggonner/Aron Chang, Waggonner & Ball Architects
Water Management for Your Home and Neighborhood
- Monica Rowand, Water Wise, Global Green
- Kimberly Ellis, Holy Cross Project, Global Green
- Demetria Christo, Eco Urban Sustainable Landscaping, LLC
Washington & Broad Sustainable Water Features Site Tour/Demo
- Colleen Morgan, Bayou Rebirth
*Global Green proudly partners with the AIA, New Orleans Chapter and USGBC, Louisiana Chapter in hosting The Sustainability Series, a monthly panel presentation and community discussion focusing on issues of sustainability and environmental responsibility. FREE and open to the public. CEU’s available for registered AIA members.*
For more information, please contact Heidi Jensen: hjensen@globalgreen.
Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.
Posted In: events