Marking Katrina, Making Progress
As we mark the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina on August 29, we are excited to report on recent developments in our projects to help green New Orleans.
- We sold two of the five homes we built in the Lower Ninth Ward, part of our Holy Cross Project --and we're fielding offers for the others
- We are close to breaking ground on the Community Development and Climate Action Center
- We have held more than 100 community outreach meetings on energy efficiency
- We have provided scholarships to enable more than 40 New Orleans residents to become nationally certified green builders
- We have helped more than 50 families green their homes with our NOLA Wise Program