Global Green USA supports smart, scalable solutions to climate change. From sustainable neighborhood development to green schools to forward-thinking legislation, we champion the projects and policies that will help ensure a more sustainable and secure future.
But today—on Valentine’s Day—it’s all about the little things. It’s the small smile you share with a stranger, helping someone cross the street, or surprising a friend with a favor that shows others that we care. And while Valentine’s Day is dedicated to celebrating the people we love, we’re taking some time to celebrate the little things that show our love for something we all share—our planet.
Here are a few little things you can do—today and everyday:
- Recycle and compost
- Plant a garden and learn—or teach someone—about growing food
- Bring reusable bags to the super market
- Ride a bike to work
- Walk instead of hailing a cab or driving
- Take public transportation whenever possible
- Turn off or adjust the thermostat when you leave the house
- Switch to more energy efficient light bulbs
- Buy products with recycled content
- Take shorter showers (or start taking showers if you currently take baths)
- Buy organic and local produce
- Switch to reusable water bottles
- Minimize disposables
- Unplug your phone and laptop chargers when they’re not in use
- Get outdoors!
- Give to Global Green USA
Each little thing you do makes a difference. Thanks for being part of the global value shift we need to create a more sustainable and secure future.
Tell us what little things you do! #ItsTheLittleThings