Global Green USA’s Coalition for Resource Recovery (CoRR) is seeking a film intern to work in the New York office. CoRR is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
Duties: CoRR is currently seeking to expand venues for communication and marketing to both foundation and corporate audiences. The intern will be at the forefront of developing a strategy for using film to effectively convey CoRR’s work and achievements, as well as filming and editing videos to be included online, in newsletters, blog posts, and more. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative waste diversion technologies and systems, as well as assisting with on-the-ground pilots, researching new technologies and waste diversion programs, participating in teleconferences, and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues, drafting and quality-assuring reports, updating the website, and assisting with administrative tasks.
- Must be at least a college sophomore in good standing pursuing a degree in film, visual arts, marketing, or a related field. Alternatively, business, economics, natural sciences, environmental studies, public policy, or engineering students with significant knowledge of film and media, including software, are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree students encouraged to apply.
- Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent computer skills or ability to quickly learn various computer programs including: Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook and Word), Adobe programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver), and film editing programs (e.g. Final Cut).
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
Time Commitment: Full-time positions are available for a minimum of ten weeks.
Location: Our office is located at 350 7th Ave., New York, NY.
About GGUSA: Founded in 1993 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental nonprofit headquartered in Southern California and has offices in New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York. It is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world.
Mission: To foster a value shift towards a more sustainable and secure future. Global Green USA is working to address some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. In the United States our work is primarily focused on stemming global climate change by creating green buildings and cities.
Values: Professionalism; Respect, Trust, and Teamwork; Transparency, Openness, and Communication; Nimble Yet Focused Risk-Taking Entrepreneurialism; Optimism; Balance and Fun
Compensation: Possible course credit and/or internship requirement fulfillment. Please work out academic credit details with your academic institution.
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability), and short writing sample (1-3 pages) to Matt de la Houssaye at[email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. EOE.