Development & Events Intern- Santa Monica
Global Green USA is offering an internship opportunity for undergraduate or graduate students interested in gaining practical experience within an environmental nonprofit organization. The right candidate would be detail oriented and highly motivated individual, who is interested in learning the nuances of event production and nonprofit development to support Global Green's Development Associate with event & development logistics. Must be able to work in fast paced environment, set priorities and be punctual in completing assignments. Development & Events interns must also be creative and resourceful, have excellent research skills, impeccable phone manners, and possess the ability to think on both a macro and micro level.
- Follow up on event inquiries from potential donors, vendors, attendees, etc.
- Tracking and organizing data
- Managing shipments and deliveries
- Detailed online research
- Various other assignments as needed
- Must be at least a junior undergraduate in good standing or a graduate student interested in sustainability, nonprofit management or development. Previous events experience is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; attention to detail; ability to work independently and to take initiative on specific tasks
- Comfortable with technology, strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Docs; knowledge of relational databases a plus; Power Point & Internet research proficiency required.
- Must be locally based in Los Angeles area and able to commute to office located in Santa Monica
Time Commitment: Must commit to at least 10-15 hours a week for a period of 3-6 months. Preferred schedule is 2-3 days a week, at least four hours per day, leading up to major fundraising events. Exact hours to be determined with Development Associate, intern and, if applicable, the academic institution.
Location: Our office is located at 2218 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
About GGUSA: Founded in 1993 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental non-profit headquartered in Southern California with offices in New Orleans, Washington DC, and New York, and is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world.
Mission: To foster a value shift towards a more sustainable and secure future. Global Green is working to address some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. In the United States, our work is primarily focused on stemming global climate change by creating green buildings and cities.
Values: Professionalism; Respect, Trust, and Teamwork; Transparency, Openness, and Communication; Nimble Yet Focused Risk-Taking Entrepreneurialism; Optimism; Balance and Fun
Compensation: Academic credit is available. Please work out academic credit details with your academic institution. There is no monetary compensation or housing provided by Global Green USA.
To Apply: Please send resume, three references, and a letter of interest (including statement of environmental interest and/or background) by e-mail to Keeley Locke at email@example.com. Apply as soon as possible, but resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. EOE.