NYC Office Intern: Coalition for Resource Recovery & Solar for Sandy
Global Green USA is seeking a Program Intern to work in our New York office. The intern will support Global Green’s work with food waste and food packaging - as well as our Solar for Sandy initiative.
About Global Green USA’s Coalition for Resource Recovery:
Coalition for Resource Recovery (CoRR) is an industry-working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
About 'Solar for Sandy':
See video here. Interns will also have the opportunity to support Global Green's work with its Solar for Sandy initiative for deploying grid-tied solar systems with battery back-up.
- Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems;
- Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
- Help research new technologies and waste diversion programs;
- Participate in teleconferences and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues;
- Drafting reports and letters to member and quality-assuring reports;
- Supporting event planning;
- Update the website; and
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Master's degree students preferred.
Full-time and part-time positions are available for a minimum of ten weeks.
Our New York office is located at 350 7th Ave., New York, NY.
Founded in 1993 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental nonprofit headquartered in Southern California and has offices in New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York. It is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world.
Professionalism; Respect, Trust, and Teamwork; Transparency, Openness, and Communication; Nimble Yet Focused Risk-Taking Entrepreneurialism; Optimism; Balance and Fun
This internship is unpaid. Academic credit is available. Please ascertain academic credit details with your educational institution.
Please send resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability), and short writing sample (1-3 pages) to Matt de la Houssaye at [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. EOE.