Communications, Marketing and Corporate Relations Internship - Santa Monica
Global Green USA's Communications, Marketing and Corporate Relations team is seeking an intern to work in the Santa Monica office.
Responsibilities: Assist Communications, Marketing and Corporate Relations team with research, analysis, tracking and outreach, and administrative tasks.
Eligibility: Candidates must be pursuing a college degree in related field. Must be enthusiastic, energetic, reliable and flexible. Must have outstanding communications skills. Must be locally based in Los Angeles.
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week in the office, for a minimum two-month commitment.
Location: Our office is located at 1617 Broadway Second Floor, Santa Monica, CA 90405.
About GGUSA: Founded in 1993 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental nonprofit headquartered in Southern California and has offices in New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York. It is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world.
Mission: To foster a value shift towards a more sustainable and secure future. Global Green USA is working to address some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. In the United States, our work is primarily focused on stemming global climate change by creating green buildings and cities.
Values: Professionalism; Respect, Trust, and Teamwork; Transparency, Openness, and Communication; Nimble Yet Focused Risk-Taking Entrepreneurialism; Optimism; Balance and Fun.
Compensation: This internship is unpaid. Academic credit is available. Please work out academic credit details with your academic institution.
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability), and references and their contact information by e-mail to [email protected] Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. EOE.
Fall Research and Outreach Intern: NYC Office & Coalition for Resource Recovery
Time Period: 12 Weeks. This position is available in Fall 2016.
Position Type: Part-time
Global Green USA is seeking a Fall Research & Outreach Intern to work in our New York office. The intern will support Global Green’s work with food waste and food packaging. With both projects we’ll be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications.
Coalition for Resource Recovery: CoRR (thecorr.org) is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
- Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems.
- Prepare testimonies for City Council.
- Research innovative policies.
- Assist with on-the-ground pilots.
- Help research new technologies and waste diversion programs.
- Participate in teleconferences and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues.
- Drafting reports and letters to member and quality-assuring reports.
- Supporting event planning.
- Update the website.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Master's degree students preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected].