Global Green USA’s Coalition for Resource Recovery (CoRR) is seeking a design intern to work in the New York office to support its communications with its food packaging and food waste programs. CoRR is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
Duties: CoRR is currently seeking to expand venues for communication and marketing to both the food and agricultural industries, as well as to the general public. The intern will be at the forefront of designing marketing materials, including newsletters, brochures, infographics/diagrams, presentations, and more. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems, as well as assisting with on-the-ground pilots, researching new technologies and waste diversion programs, participating in teleconferences and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues, drafting reports and letters to members, quality-assuring reports, updating the website, and assisting with administrative tasks.
· Must be at least a college junior in good standing pursuing a degree in graphic design, visual arts, marketing, or a related field. Alternatively, business, economics, natural sciences, environmental studies, public policy, or engineering students with significant knowledge of video, photo, and/or graphic design communications are encouraged to apply.
· Experience with photography and videography, photo and video editing, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
· Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
· Must have strong writing and research skills.
· Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
· Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Master's degree students preferred.
Time Commitment: Full-time and Part-time positions are available for a minimum of ten weeks.
Location: Our office is located at 350 7th Ave., New York, NY.
About GGUSA: Founded in 1993 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental nonprofit headquartered in Southern California and has offices in New Orleans, Washington, D.C., and New York. It is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world.
Values: Professionalism; Respect, Trust, and Teamwork; Transparency, Openness, and Communication; Nimble Yet Focused Risk-Taking Entrepreneurialism; Optimism; Balance and Fun
Compensation: This internship is unpaid. Academic credit is available. Please ascertain academic credit details with your educational institution.