Foundations Relations Manager/Grants - Santa Monica
- Foundation and Grants Management: Oversee all aspects of foundation fundraising for GGUSA, including the identification of funding opportunities; formulation, preparation, submission and tracking of grant requests, writing and submission of foundation reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Write and submit grant proposals to generate income; develop and maintain relationships with funders; oversee the evaluation process to ensure compliance with funder's requirements.
- Solicit government, public, and private grants and maintain an accurate grants calendar, with focus on scheduling and grant/financial tracking.
- Work with Database Administrator to catalog grants and manage and service all foundations donors and prospects.
- Work with Program Directors to support cultivation of key foundations/grantmakers; foster cross collaboration between GGUSA program areas to create new funding opportunities across entire organization.
- Provide editorial assistance as needed for internal and external documents and publications.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to gather and synthesize complex information and succinctly tell a "story". Ability to write grants from concept to Letter of Inquiry to full proposal.
- Proven track record in raising grant funds for non profit organization;
- Experience managing staff and/or interns;
- Exceptional ability to work as part of a team to develop and deliver a strong final product.
- Detailed knowledge of foundations and grant making resources.
About Global Green USA: GG USA is the U.S. affiliate of Green Cross International, led by Mikhail Gorbachev. GG USA works in cooperation with business, government, individuals and non-governmental organizations to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure world. Global Green's programs focus on stemming climate change by promoting sustainable energy and green building, eliminating weapons of mass destruction, and preventing conflict over shared water basins. For more information about our programs, please visit www.globalgreen.org.
Location: This position is located in the GGUSA headquarters office in Santa Monica, CA.
Compensation: Salary is dependent on experience, range is $45,000-$60,000. Position includes generous benefits including 401K plan.
Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume and brief cover letter describing their interest in this position immediately to Global Green USA via email at [email protected] or fax: 310-581-2702.