Los Angeles Regional Council
GLOBAL GREEN USA LOS ANGELES COUNCIL
Global Green USA is the U.S. affiliate of Green Cross International, the environmental movement founded by President Mikhail Gorbachev more than a decade ago. Global Green’s mission is to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future.
Global Green in Los Angeles & California
Global Green is the only national environmental non-profit with headquarters in Southern California. Global Green uses L.A.’s international visibility to advance its causes throughout the country. In Los Angeles, Global Green is greening all new LAUSD public school construction and also helping to create one of the first zero-energy affordable housing projects in the country. Working with celebrity Board Members like Leonardo DiCaprio and Edward Norton, Global Green has championed the cause of solar on affordable housing in the California state legislature and promoted alternative transportation choices on Oprah.
Global Green also:
- Secured commitments for $20 billion in new green construction for schools and public buildings in California alone;
- Created the Red Carpet/Green Cars Campaign, which highlighted alternative transportation choices by taking celebrities to the Academy Awards in hybrid vehicles, including the Prius;
- Arranged for Los Angeles City Council President Eric Garcetti, Salma Hayek and Jake Gyllenhaal to travel to the Arctic to help draw attention to the dire consequences of global warming; and
- Opened the Green Building Resource Center in Santa Monica, one of the only U.S. centers to offer green building information to the public.
- Created for Los Angeles the nation’s first City Carbon Index to activate “climate citizens”.
Special Los Angeles Events
Each year, Global Green hosts its Pre-Oscar Party in Hollywood, a musical event celebrating smart solutions to climate change. Feature attendees and performers have included: Kate Bosworth, Salma Hayek, Orlando Bloom, Tim Robbins, Penelope Cruz, Perry Farrell and Sheryl Crow.
Global Green’s Annual Millennium Awards, in Santa Monica in June, honors individual, organization and corporate leaders in environmental issues. Honorees have included: William McDonough, Paul Hawken, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Cameron, Jeff Skoll and Wallis Annenberg.
Global Green USA depends on the support and involvement of conscientious, progressive individuals to achieve its goals and to forward President Gorbachev’s vision of a safer, more sustainable planet. Now in its second decade, Global Green understands the urgent need for knowledgeable and dedicated leaders who are active in the environmental community. To download a copy of the Prospectus and a Pledge Form, please click here. To join the Council now by making a donation via our secure website, please click here.
- Membership Commitment:
- Give and/or raise $5,000 per year, and
- Help recruit additional Council members and spread Global Green’s message
- Membership Benefits:
- VIP Patron tickets to our national, regional events;
- Exclusive invitations and in-person briefings / receptions on our work locally, nationally and internationally;
- Recognition in Global Green publications and online;
- Project site visits, and more.
- Higher benefit levels and event sponsorships are available.
For more information, please contact Sarah Susson at[email protected] or call 310.571.2700 x108