Wells Fargo & Company is an American multinational financial services company headquartered in San Francisco, California, with managerial offices throughout the United States and overseas. It is the world’s fourth-largest bank by market capitalization and the fourth largest bank in the US by total assets. Wells Fargo is ranked number 26 on the 2018 Fortune 500 rankings of the largest US corporations by total revenue.
At Wells Fargo, we are working to embed environmental sustainability throughout our products, services, operations, and culture to drive efficiencies and responsible resource use while creating comfortable, safe, and healthy workplaces for our stakeholders. We believe that climate change continues to be one of the most urgent environmental and social issues of our time, and we are working across our value chain to help accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy and reduce the impacts of climate change on our business, communities, employees, and customers.
As one of the largest financial institutions and employers in the U.S., we strive to do our part to address climate change in alignment with our responsibility to our customers, employees, suppliers, investors, communities, and the environment we all share. We support the principles of the Paris Agreement, including its goal of limiting the increase in global average temperature to well below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels by 2050. We’re building a robust, centralized approach that seeks to integrate near- and long-term climate-related risk and opportunity considerations into decision-making.
We’re leveraging our expertise and market position as we collaborate with our stakeholders on a number of initiatives to transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient future, including:
- Deploying capital to accelerate and scale the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Strategic environmental and social risk management (ESRM) practices
- Transparent disclosure of our progress, including working to quantify and qualify the emissions intensity of our lending and investing portfolios
- Enhancing energy and resource efficiency in our own physical assets to help ensure operational sustainability, adaptation, and resilience
- Collaborating with leading organizations, peers, and other thought leaders to drive innovation and accelerate market-based solutions to the climate crisis